Life and death

It was a Sunday afternoon. Everything was quiet. Everyone was enjoying their siesta. 

I had my coffee. After that I stood in the balcony. I saw a crow who was struggling to pick up something heavy. I continue to observe the crow. Later, I noticed that crow was dragging the dead body of a pigeon.

I was shocked to see that. I thought to myself, Are crows cannibals? Will the crew eat another bird? They do belong to the same species, so will the crow eat the pigeon?

Soon, all my questions were answered. I saw that the crow dragged the dead body of a pigeon to a car and started to eat the dead pigeon. There were many crows surrounding this particular crow. They were waiting for their turn to eat the pigeon.

Soon the crows were distracted. The reason for their distraction was a cat passing nearby. The crows saw the cat and started flying. The cat ventured near the dead pigeon, probably sniffed the pigeon. Then the cat left from the scene.

The crows returned to the scene and started eating the pigeon again. What was baffling to me, was that there were several children playing nearby. None of those children noticed the commotion. None of the children came near the pigeon or the crows. They did not try to shoo away the crows. There were also some adults who passed nearby. None of them pay any attention to the crows or to the pigeon. Later, all the crows fled from the scene. I believe there was no flesh to be eaten.

This made me wonder what is the value of life. What is the value of death? What importance does the dead body have? Does the soul really exist? Is the body nothing without the soul?

These questions may remain unanswered and I am fine with that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfie

Not a friendly face