Not a friendly face

I often get told that I do not have a friendly face. Looking at my face, people often tell me that I look very strict. If I don't smile, I appear to be unapproachable.

I have been told throughout my career that I look unapproachable. I look strict and that is why I look scary people are afraid to approach me because the way I look. This is purely based on how I look. They don't even bother to interact with me to decide whether I am approachable or I am unfriendly. Based on how I look, I am easily judged as strict unfriendly or unapproachable.

The reality is quite contradicting to their judgement. I do not need to say anything in addition to that.

That leads me to several questions which are an answer till date.

Unapproachable, what does that exactly mean? Unfriendly, what does that mean as well? How do you label somebody as unapproachable or unfriendly just by looking at their face? What happened with "Don't judge the book by its cover"? What happened to "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"? Are these phrases only to be used in the literature? Do they hold no importance in the real life?

In reality, the people who say others are unapproachable, they are judgemental. To them I would like to say don't be judgemental. Don't judge the book by its cover. Try to read the book and then judge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfie

Life and death